Our favorite Anastasia is, of course, the one you spell with an “e”, then a capital A at the end, as in AnestasiA Vodka. http://anestasiavodka.com/
But there are lots of fun Anastasias out there, and we thought we should pay quick tribute to a name exceedingly rich in history, culture, and even popular culture.
1. 1997 Fox Animation, Anastasia. Animated musical fantasy drama.
2. Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia, youngest daughter of Tsar Nicholas II, the last sovereign of Imperial Russia, and his wife, Tsarina Alexandra Fyodorovna.
3. Saint Anastasia, Christian saint and martyr who died at Sirmium, Serbia. In the Orthodox Church, she is venerated as St. Anastasia the Pharmakolytria, in explanation, ”Deliverer from Potions”.
4. Anastasia Steele, the female protagonist in Fifty Shades of Grey, a book trilogy. We thought our AnestasiA Vodka was hot…but this trilogy truly burned up the pop culture bookshelves last year.
5. Anastasia in Beverly Hills. As their website states, Anastasia Soare is widely referred to as a beauty innovator, and for good reason. Long before professional eyebrow shaping became an essential beauty ritual, she was thee beauty specialist for top celebrities, and has singlehandedly turned perfect brows and youthful eyes into essential accessories. For our beauty tip, we think anyone drinking AnestasiA Vodka looks a little better…
6. Anastasia Ashley, the pro surfer. Sea skills matched with Greek Goddess beauty, you may want to check out her wave. What’s an enchanting drink after a sunset surfing session? AnestasiA Vodka of course, mixed with Hawaiian pineapple and Caribbean mint.
7. Anastasia, the first book of the Ringing Cedars Series, found on Amazon among other places. It “tells the story of entrepreneur Vladimir Megre’s trade trip to the Siberian taiga in 1995, where he witnessed incredible spiritual phenomena connected with sacred ‘ringing cedar’ trees. He spent three days with a woman named Anastasia who shared with him her unique outlook on subjects as diverse as gardening, child-rearing, healing, Nature, sexuality, religion and more. This wilderness experience transformed Vladimir so deeply that he abandoned his commercial plans and, penniless, went to Moscow to fulfil Anastasia’s request and write a book about the spiritual insights she so generously shared with him.” Sounds interesting, yes?
8. Anastasia Tsioulcas is an Associate Producer for NPR Music. We love NPR!
9. Hotel Anastasia in Venice, Italy. A truly romantic city, famous for food, architecture, and a vibrant culture, among other attributes. Italy has been importing AnestasiA Vodka lately, so we think it’s suiting there’s a Hotel Anastasia.
10. Anastasia Chatzka. According to many in Chicago, this place is an essential shopping experience. Anastasia Chatzka is an innovative, stylish designer with lively colorful clothes. What tastes wonderful after a long day of shopping? You know…
To be continued…